Saturday 8 September 2012

Getting to know each other!

Your first task (homework!) is to fill the brown bag you were given on Friday with four things that would help to explain who you are (sports you play, hobbies, collections, family, etc.).  Please bring this bag back on Monday and be prepared to talk a little bit about each item.

We were very impressed with your inferencing skills when you looked at the items Mrs. Barker and Mrs. Robson shared from their bags.

If you wish to see a photo is a larger view ~ just click on it and it will appear bigger.

Mrs. Barker brought:
1. A Snickers bar - represents her LOVE of milk chocolate
2. A Cupcake liner - to show her love of baking (especially cupcakes!)
3. Nail Polish - I like to paint my nails and love glittery polish.
4. A photo of my family - I am a mom to Matthew, who is nine, and 
     Megan, who is seven.   I love to spend time with my family.   

Mrs. Robson brought:
1. A photo of her cat Kokanee who does lot of funny things.
2. Measuring spoons - represents her love of cooking.
3. A golf ball - to show her love of golf!
4. A badge from Kenya  where she went on a hotair balloon and
     worked with children in an orphanage.   

23 comments:

  1. Mrs. Robson were you scared on the balloon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.Robson and Mrs.Barker you guys are really nice.I love are new blog I checked it up on september.14.2012.I showed my mom and brother too.I like working in are new class room are class looks nice I love the decorations.P.S I like are stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs.Robson,
    I really would love to go on a hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kokanee looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear mrs.Barker I really like your nails and make up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis. Did you like doing the science experiment on Friday?

      Delete
    2. Me too! Phyllis

      Delete
  7. Dear Mrs.Barker I really like the idea of bringing stuff to know us a little bit better!And I love the blog and the math is really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis, I am glad you like our blog and math. I am enjoying getting to know you too!

      Delete
  8. Dear mrs.Barker i like sweets too and last sceince was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, I am glad you had fun. I think you will like the science experiments we have coming up!

      Delete
  9. Dear mrs.Barker and mrs.robson i like you guys you are the most funniest teachers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear mrs.Barker do you wear fake nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. Unfortunately when I get nervous I bite my nails so I had to get fake nails to stop myself from my bad habit. Do you bite your nails?

      Delete
  11. Hi Mrs. Barker, I can't wait for the next science experiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kaitlin i cant wait for the next Science experiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear mrs. barker no i don't bite my nails

    ReplyDelete
  14. T can't what for thursday!I LOVE the new look in the class room

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Mrs.Robson how is walffles doing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. dear mrs.robson and mrs.barker,
    I love our blog.Can we maybe take a picture of our new pet when we get it?

    ReplyDelete